高橋 アナマリア TAKAHASHI Ana Maria 特任講師
Make an appointment by email.
Reseach Field: Labor Economics
Dr. Ana Maria Takahashi is an Associate Professor of Economics at the Graduate School of Economics at Kobe University in Kobe, Japan. Prior to joining Kobe University, she taught at the International Christian University in Tokyo and the University of Utah during her doctoral studies. Her major field of research is labor economics. Particularly, she is interested in gender differences in employment outcomes and labor market discrimination. Her current research focus is on academics in Japan. Dr. Ana Maria Takahashi received her doctorate in economics in 2009 from the University of Utah (US), master's degree in economics from the International University of Japan (Japan), master’s degree in geography in from the University of Bucharest (Romania), and bachelor of arts in economics from the Academy of Economics Studies (Romania).
At undergraduate level, professor Takahashi teaches Intermediate Microeconomics and Intermediate Macroeconomics in English for senior students. In addition, she teaches Economics Readings in English. This course focuses on readings related to Labor Economics and Experimental Economics.
At graduate level, professor Takahashi teaches Microeconomics, Labor Economics, and Economics Writing Workshop. Her students are from Economics, Business and Law Departments. A great number of international students take these courses. These courses are a part of Master's programs in English offered by our department or related departments, such as the GMAP and the SESAMI programs.
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles:
1. “Job Stress in Japanese Academia: The Role of Relative Income, Time Allocation by Task and Children”, Journal of Asian Economics, 2016, 43, pp.12-17 (single authored)
2. “Gender Promotion Differences in Economics Departments in Japan: A Duration Analysis”, Journal of Asian Economics, 2015, 41, pp.1-19 (co-authored with Shingo Takahashi)
3. “Gender Salary Differences in Economics Departments in Japan”, Economics of Education Review, Vol.30, 2011, pp.1306– 1319 (co-authored with Shingo Takahashi)
4. “Determinants of Job Related Stress of Academic Economists in Japan”, The Japanese Economy, Vol. 37, No. 2, 2010 Summer, pp. 120-127 (co-authored with Shingo Takahashi)
5. “The Effect of Refereed Articles on Salary, Promotion and Labor Mobility: The Case of Japanese Economists”, Economic Bulletin, Vol. 30, Issue 1, 2010 (co-authored with Shingo Takahashi)
“Gender Salary and Promotion Differences in Japanese Academia: Results from Science and Engineering”, Discussion Paper 1522, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University, 2015 (co-authored with Shingo Takahashi and Thomas N. Maloney)
Ph.D. Dissertation (2009):
“Essays on Academic Economists in Japan: Salary, Promotion and Productivity”
Chapter 1: Gender Salary Differences in Economics Departments in Japan
Chapter 2: Gender Promotion Differences in Economics Departments in Japan
Chapter 3: The Effect of Refereed Articles on Salary, Promotion and Labor Mobility