- Faculty Members
- Course List
- Academic Staff
- Research Fellows
- Professors Emeritus and Lifetime Achievement Fellows
Please make an appointment in advance.
- Theoretical and experimental approach to monetary search models
- Strategic information transmission and its application to the economics of organization
Education and Positions
- Ph.D. (Economics): University of Tokyo, February 2001.
- M.A. (Economics): University of Tokyo, March 1996.
- B.A. (Economics: Waseda University, March 1994.
- · Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University Professor, April 2015 - present.
- · Faculty of Economics, Kansai University, Professor, April 2012 -March 2015.
Associate Professor, April 2005 - March 2012. Lecturer, April 2004 - March 2005.
- · Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, Lecturer, April 2002 - March 2003.
- · Graduate School of Economics, University of Tokyo, Research Assistant, April 2000 - March 2001.
Lectures and Seminars
Advanced Microeconomics IA & IB: This is the same class as Microeconomics 1A & 1B for graduate students.
Microeconomics IA & IB: This is an introductory graduate course or an upper-level undergraduate course that teaches the basis of microeconomics. The main goal for students is to learn to solve the basic problems and prove the basic theorems.
Obtain the skills to apply the basic ideas of game theory to the issues you are intersted in by doing group works and writing a thesis.
Write academic papers on microeconomics. As a preparation of it, you should make a presentation on the seminal papers you are intersted in.
Cheap Talk with an Exit Option: A Model of Exit and Voice, International Journal of Game Theory, forthcoming.
"Cheap Talk with an Informed Receiver," with Junichiro Ishida, Economic Theory Bulletin, 4(1), 61-72, 2016.
"Cheap Talk with an Exit Option: The Case of Discrete Action Space, " Economics Letters, 120(3): 397-400, 2013.
"Dynamic Auction Markets with Fiat Money, " with Kazuya Kamiya, Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 45(2-3): 349-378, 2013.
"Stationary Monetary Equilibria with Strictly Increasing Value Functions and Non-Discrete Money Holdings Distributions: An Indeterminacy Result, " with Kazuya Kamiya, Journal of Economic Theory, 146(5), 2140-2150, 2011.
"Existence of Equilibria in Matching Models of Money: A New Technique, " with Kazuya Kamiya, Economic Theory, 32(3), 447-460, 2007.
"On the Role of Tax-Subsidy Scheme in Money Search Models, " with Kazuya Kamiya, International Economic Review, 48(2), 575-606, 2007.
"Real Indeterminacy of Stationary Equilibria in Matching Models with Divisible Money, " with Kazuya Kamiya, Journal of Mathematical Economics, 42(4-5), 594-617, 2006.
"On the Existence of Single-Price Equilibria in a Matching Model with Divisible Money and Production Cost, " with Kazuya Kamiya and Noritsugu Morishita, International Journal of Economic Theory, 1(3), 219-231, 2005.
"A Theory of Money and Marketplaces, " with Akihiko Matsui, International Economic Review, 46(1), 35-59, 2005.
Search Theory: The Economics of Decentralized Trade, with Ryoichi Imai, Noritaka Kudo, and Masaru Sasaki, University of Tokyo Press, 2007 (in Japanese).