- Faculty Members
- Course List
- Academic Staff
- Research Fellows
- Professors Emeritus and Lifetime Achievement Fellows
Please make an appointment in advance.
- Entry deterrence in a differentiated market
- Herd behavior of economic forecasters
- Rationality of macroeconomic forecasts
Lectures and Seminars
This course is designed to help students obtain basic knowledge of microeconomics and macroeconomics.
This course is designed to help students learn advanced topics of microeconomics.
This course is designed to help students learn effective communication skills using a combination of lecture, discussion, and hands-on practice. Text: "Nenji Keizai Zaisei Houkoku (in Japanese)"
This course is designed to help students write academic papers. The goal is to write academic papers publishable in renowned international journals.
- "Lock! Risk-Free Arbitrage in the Japanese Racetrack Betting Market," (2015) J. of Sports Economics, 16(3), 322-330.
- "Testing homogeneity of Japanese CPI forecasters," (2010) J. of Forecasting, 29(5), 435-441 (lead article).
- "Strategic Bias and Professional Affiliations of Macroeconomic Forecasters," (2009) J. of Forecasting, 28(2), 120-130.
- "Forecast Accuracy and Product Differentiation of Japanese Institutional Forecasters," (2006) Int. J. of Forecasting, 22(2), 395-401.
- "Are 16-Months-Ahead Forecasts Useful? A Directional Analysis of Japanese GDP Forecasts," (2006) J. of Forecasting, 25(3), 201-207.
- "Testing the Rationality of Forecast Revisions Made by the IMF and the OECD," (2006) J. of Forecasting, 25(1), 25-36.
- "Testing the Rationality of Japanese GDP Forecasts: The Sign of Forecast Revision Matters," (2003) J. of Econ. Behav. & Org., 50(2), 263-269.
- "Herd Behavior of Japanese Economists," (2001) (with Takero Doi) J. of Econ. Behav. & Org., 46(3), 343-346.
- "Weak Entrants Are Welcome," (2000) Int. J. of Ind. Org., 18(6), 975-984.