- Faculty Members
- Course List
- Academic Staff
- Research Fellows
- Professors Emeritus and Lifetime Achievement Fellows
MIZUNO TomomichiAssociate Professor
Firm's behavior in vertical market
Education and Positions
B.A. in Economics, Osaka Prefecture University, March 2004
M.A. in Economics, Kobe University, March 2006
Ph.D. in Economics, Kobe University, March 2009
Researcher, Competition Policy Research Center, Japan Fair Trade
Commission, April 2009 to March 2010.
Assistant Professor, Faculty of Economics, University of Nagasaki, April
2010 to March 2013.
Associate Professor, Faculty of Economics, University of Nagasaki, April
2013 to March 2014.
Associate Professor, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University,
April 2014 to Present.
- Environmental Tax Burden in a Vertical Relationship withPollution-abatement R&D, Journal of Management and Sustainability 2014,Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 76-83 (with Takeshi Iida and Yumi Yoshida).
- Strategic Reason for Employing Workers with Public Service Motivation,Open Journal of Political Science, 2013, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 131-133(with Wakana Hatada).
- Vertical Separation as a Defense Against Strong Suppliers, EuropeanJournal of Operational Research, 2013, Vol. 228, Iss.1, pp. 208-216(with Noriaki Matsushima).
- Why Do Large Firms Tend to Integrate Vertically? Bulletin of EconomicResearch, 2012, Vol. 64, Iss. Supplement s1, pp. s1-s21 (with NoriakiMatsushima).
- Equilibrium Vertical Integration with Complementary Input Markets, TheB.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy , 2012, Vol.12, Iss. 1(Contributions), Article 26 (with Noriaki Matsushima).
- Direct Marketing in Oligopoly, Journal of Economics & ManagementStrategy, 2012, Vol. 21, Iss. 2, pp. 373-397.
- Profit-enhancing Competitive Pressure in Vertically Related Industries,2012, Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Vol. 26, Iss.1, pp. 142-152 (with Noriaki Matsushima).
- Market Definition of Long Distance Transportation Market in Japan: AnEvent Study Approach, 2011, Asian Journal of Law and Economics, Vol. 2,Iss. 2, Article 3 (with Kunihiro Hanabusa).
- Vertical Integration with Fixed Cost in Upstream Market: NSK/AmatsujiMerger, 2009, Economics Bulletin, Vol. 29 No. 3 pp. 2445-2455 (with KokiArai, Chizuru Ikeda, Nobufumi Nishimura).
- Divisionalization and Horizontal Mergers in a Vertical Relationship,2009, Manchester School, Vol. 77, No. 3, pp. 317-336.