- Faculty Members
- Faculties by Course
- Project Based Faculties
- Research Fellows
- Professors Emeritus, Lifetime Achievement Fellows, and Honored Almni
Please make an appointment in advance.
Economic history of modern Europe, especially the British Industrial Revolution and after.
Lectures and Seminars
Economic History of Modern Europe and America : This course is designed to offer students an opportunity to promote a basic understanding of the economic history of Europe and the United States, treating many important topics on the historical process of economic development from early modern period to the latter half of the twentieth century.
The rise and fall of economic powers: This course is designed to offer students an opportunity to promote a basic understanding of the history of world economy, treating many important topics on the rise and fall of economic powers from early modern period to the latter half of the twentieth century.
Completion of a graduation essay on economic history.
Completion of a master thesis on economic history.
- "Turnover of the Landowners in Rural England: A Case Study of the Land Tax Returns," Kobe University Economic Review, No.40, pp.47-60, 1994.
- English Parliamentary Enclosure: A Study of a Buckinghamshire Parish, (in Japanese), Keiso Shobo, 1999.
- "Commodities in Mid-Nineteenth Century Britain: A Glance at the Exhibits of the Great Exhibition of 1851," (in Japanese), Studies in Victorian Culture,, No.1, 2003.
- "An Occupational Distribution of Late Eighteenth-Century Buckinghamshire An Analysis of Posse comitatus, 1798," (in Japanese), Kokumin Keizai Zasshi, Vol.189, No.1, 2004.
- "The Question of the Surplus of the Great Exhibition of 1851 and Industrial Interest in Britain," (in Japanese), Kokumin Keizai Zasshi, Vol.195, No.3, 2007.