- News & Topics
- The 4th African Business Research Forum (30 Oct. 2017)
- The 3rd International Symposium with Bruegel Institute: "Secular Stagnation in Europe and Japan"(19 Feb. 2016)
- "CQMM Press Conference on Macroeconomic Projections for 2015-2016" and "Kobe-Xiamen 2nd International Conference in Economics" (15 Feb. 2016)
- 2015 Kobe Conference on Trade, Financial Integration and Economic Growth (8 Feb. 2016)
- The 1st Conference in Hawaii on Nobember 4-5 2015. (12 Jan. 2016)
- Hawaii University Faculty Exchange Program (8 Jun. 2015)
- Welcoming Professor Barbara Rossi (8 Jun. 2015)
- Hanyang-Kobe-Nanyang Conference (13 May 2015)
- Professor Cheng Hsiao Memorial Lecture (19 Mar. 2015)
The 1st Annual International Conference on Applied Econometrics in Hawaii was held on Nobember 4th-5th 2015.
Kobe University aims to rank among the top 100 research universities in the world, as proposed by President Hiroshi Takeda in April last year. To implement President Takeda’s vision, the Graduate School of Economics has (1) actively submitted research papers to international academic journals and (2) stimulated international collaborative research.
On November 4–5, 2015, the Graduate School of Economics hosted "The First International Conference on Applied Econometrics in Hawaii", in order to strengthen its association with leading universities in the Pacific Rim and boost the international experience of young researchers.
During the conference, all participants stayed at the same hotel, fostering a relaxed environment through the proactive exchange of academic views and initiatives for international collaboration. In addition, the various presentations led by the keynote address delivered by Professors Andrew Mason (University of Hawai‘i) and Eric Weese (Yale University) promoted active discussions. The conference was fruitful and meaningful for all participants. Not many Japanese universities have been able to host an international conference of this scale so far.
The following six faculty members of Kobe University participated in the active discussions every day: Dean Toshiki Jinushi, Deputy Dean Shigeyuki Hamori, Professor Tamotsu Nakamura, Professor Takuji Kinkyo, Professor Akio Namba, and Associate Professor Tomoko Kinugasa.
The specific details of the conference were as follows:
【Conference Date】November 4－5, 2015 (Wed, Thu)
【Venue】Ala Moana Hotel (Honolulu, Oahu Island, Hawaii, USA)
【Participating Universities】 Xiamen University (China), Hanyang University (South Korea), National Taiwan University (Taiwan), Nanyang Technological University (Singapore), University of Hawai‘i (United States), Kobe University (Japan)
【Keynote address】Professor Andrew Mason (University of Hawai‘i), Professor Eric Weese (Yale University)
Please check the brochure .