- News & Topics
- The 4th African Business Research Forum (30 Oct. 2017)
- The 3rd International Symposium with Bruegel Institute: "Secular Stagnation in Europe and Japan"(19 Feb. 2016)
- "CQMM Press Conference on Macroeconomic Projections for 2015-2016" and "Kobe-Xiamen 2nd International Conference in Economics" (15 Feb. 2016)
- 2015 Kobe Conference on Trade, Financial Integration and Economic Growth (8 Feb. 2016)
- The 1st Conference in Hawaii on Nobember 4-5 2015. (12 Jan. 2016)
- Hawaii University Faculty Exchange Program (8 Jun. 2015)
- Welcoming Professor Barbara Rossi (8 Jun. 2015)
- Hanyang-Kobe-Nanyang Conference (13 May 2015)
- Professor Cheng Hsiao Memorial Lecture (19 Mar. 2015)
Professor Cheng Hsiao Memorial Lecture: GMAP Kick–off Lecture
To celebrate the establishment of our GMAP course, Professor Cheng Hsiao of University of Southern California, an authority of Panel Data Analysis and Microeconometric Analysis, was invited as a guest speaker. He gave lectures on three topics as followings.
Monday 16 March
10.30am-11.50am “Panel Data Analysis: Advantages and Challenges”
1.30pm-2.50pm “Dynamic Panel Data Models”
Tuesday 17 March
10.30am-11.50am “Qualitative Choice and Sample Selection Models”
Professor Cheng Hsiao earned PhD degree from Stanford University in 1972. Since then, Professor Cheng Hsiao has pursued his research on Panel Data and Microeconometrics to be a pioneer of the two fields and his research achievements are internationally recognized.
With great contribution of Professor Cheng Hsiao, Panel Data Analysis and Microeconometrics have become one of the major research fields at present.
During his visit to the University, Professor Cheng Hsiao enthusiastically interacted with our staff and students, exchanging opinions with staff at luncheon and giving students and young researchers valuable suggestions at seminar. Additionally, he paid a courtesy visit to the president and next president of the University.
Having such opportunity to engage in discussion with one of the top-ranked researchers was rewarding and outstanding educational experience for all the staff and students at Kobe University.